Ajaka Store

Monday 6 March 2017

BENEATH THE SURFACE: The Workings Of The Heart I

LADIES FIRST




Portraiture Of A Vain Woman


Proverbs 5:1-9New International Version (NIV)


Warning Against Adultery

5 My son, pay attention to my wisdom,

    turn your ear to my words of insight,

2 that you may maintain discretion

    and your lips may preserve knowledge.

3 For the lips of the adulterous woman drip honey,

    and her speech is smoother than oil;

4 but in the end she is bitter as gall,

    sharp as a double-edged sword.

5 Her feet go down to death;

    her steps lead straight to the grave.

6 She gives no thought to the way of life;

    her paths wander aimlessly, but she does not know it.

7 Now then, my sons, listen to me;

    do not turn aside from what I say.

8 Keep to a path far from her,

    do not go near the door of her house,

9 lest you lose your honor to others

    and your dignity[a] to one who is cruel,

Proverbs 2:16-18Good News Translation (GNT)



16 You will be able to resist any immoral woman who tries to seduce you with her smooth talk, 17 who is faithless to her own husband and forgets her sacred vows. 18 If you go to her house, you are traveling the road to death. To go there is to approach the world of the dead.

Proverbs 7:24-27New Living Translation (NLT)



24 So listen to me, my sons,

    and pay attention to my words.

25 Don’t let your hearts stray away toward her.

    Don’t wander down her wayward path.

26 For she has been the ruin of many;

    many men have been her victims.

27 Her house is the road to the grave.[a]

    Her bedroom is the den of death.

Proverbs 5:20New Living Translation (NLT)


20 Why be captivated, my son, by an immoral woman,

    or fondle the breasts of a promiscuous woman?

Proverbs 11:22Good News Translation (GNT)


22 Beauty in a woman without good judgment is like a gold ring in a pig's snout.

Proverbs 7:11King James Version (KJV)



11 (She is loud and stubborn; her feet abide not in her house:

Proverbs 11:16New King James Version (NKJV)



16 A gracious woman retains honor,

But ruthless men retain riches.

Proverbs 14:1New International Version (NIV)



14 The wise woman builds her house,

    but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down.

Proverbs 12:4Good News Translation (GNT)



4 A good wife is her husband's pride and joy; but a wife who brings shame on her husband is like a cancer in his bones.

Proverbs 30:20New King James Version (NKJV)



20 This is the way of an adulterous woman:

She eats and wipes her mouth,

And says, “I have done no wickedness.”

Proverbs 6:26King James Version (KJV)



26 For by means of a whorish woman a man is brought to a piece of bread: and the adultress will hunt for the precious life.

Proverbs 23:26-28New International Version (NIV)


Saying 18



26 My son, give me your heart

    and let your eyes delight in my ways,

27 for an adulterous woman is a deep pit,

    and a wayward wife is a narrow well.

28 Like a bandit she lies in wait

    and multiplies the unfaithful among men.

Ecclesiastes 7:25-29New International Version (NIV)

25 So I turned my mind to understand,
    to investigate and to search out wisdom and the scheme of things
and to understand the stupidity of wickedness
    and the madness of folly.
26 I find more bitter than death
    the woman who is a snare,
whose heart is a trap
    and whose hands are chains.
The man who pleases God will escape her,
    but the sinner she will ensnare.
27 “Look,” says the Teacher,[b] “this is what I have discovered:
“Adding one thing to another to discover the scheme of things—
28     while I was still searching
    but not finding—
I found one upright man among a thousand,
    but not one upright womanamong them all.
29 This only have I found:
    God created mankind upright,
    but they have gone in search of many schemes.”




Psalm 19:7King James Version (KJV)


7 The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment