Ajaka Store

Monday 3 April 2017

BENEATH THE SURFACE: The Workings Of The Heart

THE PORTRAITURE OF A FAITHUL MAN

Proverbs 28:20King James Version (KJV)

20 A faithful man shall abound with blessings: but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent.

Proverbs 11:13Amplified Bible (AMP)

13. He who goes about as a gossip reveals secrets,

But he who is trustworthyand faithful keeps a matter hidden.

Proverbs 26:17Amplified Bible (AMP)

Like one who grabs a dog by the ears [and is likely to be bitten]

Is he who, passing by, stops to meddle with a dispute that is none of his business.

Proverbs 9:9Amplified Bible (AMP)

Give instruction to a wise man and he will become even wiser;

Teach a righteous man and he will increase his learning.

Job 28:28King James Version (KJV)

28 And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.

THE PERILS OF A FAITHFUL MAN

Proverbs 12:26New International Version (NIV)

The righteous choose their friends carefully,

but the way of the wicked leads them astray.

Psalm 109:2-4King James Version (KJV)

For the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of the deceitful are opened against me: they have spoken against me with a lying tongue.
They compassed me about also with words of hatred; and fought against me without a cause.
For my love they are my adversaries: but I give myself unto prayer.

THE LEGACY OF THE RIGHTEOUS

Ezekiel 36:25-32King James Version (KJV)

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.
29 I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you.
30 And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that ye shall receive no more reproach of famine among the heathen.
31 Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations.
32 Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord God, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.

Psalm 89:20-27King James Version (KJV)

20 I have found David my servant; with my holy oil have I anointed him:
21 With whom my hand shall be established: mine arm also shall strengthen him.
22 The enemy shall not exact upon him; nor the son of wickedness afflict him.
23 And I will beat down his foes before his face, and plague them that hate him.
24 But my faithfulness and my mercy shall be with him: and in my name shall his horn be exalted.
25 I will set his hand also in the sea, and his right hand in the rivers.
26 He shall cry unto me, Thou art my father, my God, and the rock of my salvation.

27 Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.

CONCLUSION

Proverbs 1:5-6The Message (MSG)

Wise Sayings of Solomon

A Manual for Living

1-6 These are the wise sayings of Solomon,
    David’s son, Israel’s king—
Written down so we’ll know how to live well and right,
    to understand what life means and where it’s going;
A manual for living,
    for learning what’s right and just and fair;
To teach the inexperienced the ropes
    and give our young people a grasp on reality.
There’s something here also for seasoned men and women,
    still a thing or two for the experienced to learn—
Fresh wisdom to probe and penetrate,
    the rhymes and reasons of wise men and women.

No comments:

Post a Comment